Questions or concerns? Please contact Graduate Admissions.
- Snippets (New November 2023) - Create reusable blocks of text to answer frequent questions, then "snip" them into your Slate messages to prospective students, without re-typing.
- Deliver Message Request Form (New Process September 2023) - Use this new request form to provide query details and schedule a Deliver message you have ready to send.
- Deliver: Getting Started (September 2023)- Request Deliver set-up, use Templates to create your first messages in Slate Deliver.
- Program Dates & Deadlines (August 2023) - Define deadlines in Slate to populate notifications within the app, and optionally prevent late submission and/or send automatic email reminders.
- Express Readmission Process (New Process August 2023) - Instructions on the Express Readmission process and how to approve readmission in Reader.
Program Records in Slate (review each June/July) - Review application requirements and other information about your program stored in Slate.
Checking Requirements/Testing the Application- See what your applicants are required to submit and see the application from their perspective.
Working with Applications
- Add Materials to an Application- Add materials to an application that has already been submitted.
- Waiving Application Requirements- Allow applicants to submit without providing required materials, recommendations or question responses
- Material Types & Descriptions- List of material names and descriptions for use when uploading additional/new materials.
- Work with Letters of Recommendation- Re-notify, waive, unsubmit, or upload letters of recommendation.
- Change Term/Program (pre-decision)- Change the term and/or degree program when the application is under review and no decision has been made.
- Download Application PDFs- Download a PDF of application(s) individually or in batches
- Paying Application Fees with a PCard- Pay the fee on behalf of an applicant using a PCard or other credit card.
- Paying Application Fees Using EFS- Pay the fee on behalf of an applicant using EFS
- Emailing an Individual within Slate- Email a student directly from their Slate record
- Attach an Email to a Slate Record- Add an email sent externally (e.g. from your gmail account) to an existing Slate record
- Timeline Navigation & Adding Interactions- View the Timeline and add an Interaction to a Slate record.
- Deliver Best Practices - Tips for creating effective messages in Deliver.
- Schedule a Deliver Message - Use this form to provide query details and schedule a Deliver message you have ready to send.
- Deliver: Getting Started - Request Deliver set-up, use Templates to create your first messages in Slate Deliver.
- Deliver: Update a Previous Message - Save time by re-using messages and queries you previously sent.
- Snippets - Create reusable blocks of text to answer frequent questions from your applicants, then "snip" those blocks into Slate messages without re-typing.
- Basic Reader Navigation- View applications, complete Reader Forms, and move applications through Bins.
- Reader Navigation- Alternate Reader navigation tutorial (from Slate)
- View-Only Navigation- Read applications in Slate without submitting a review form.
- Move a Group of Applications to a New Bin- Learn how to move applications through Reader in batch.
- Assign/Remove Applications in Queues- How to assign one or more applications to one or more readers’ queues; or to clear reader queues.
- Exclude GRE Test Scores- How to mask test scores from reviewers.
- Submit a Deny or a Withdraw Application Decision- Notify Grad Admissions Office of your program's DENY or WITHDRAW APPLICATION decision.
- Submit an Admit Decision- Using the Appraisal Form, submit your program’s ADMIT decision to the Grad Admissions Office for processing.
- Send a Waitlist/Alternate Letter- Notify applicants that they are on your program's Alternate waitlist, then send a final decision once made.
- Defer and/or Update Admission - Instructions on how to defer or update an admission decision.
- Changing a Decision- Make other decision changes after a decision has been released. E.g., declined offer.
- Submit a Decline Admit Decision- Update an enrollment confirmation decision.
- Express Readmission Process- Instructions on the Express Readmission process and how to approve readmission in Reader.
- Tracking Enrollment Confirmations- Track enrollment decisions for admitted students.
- Official Credential Requirements- Official credential requirements and procedures for requesting exceptions.
- Query/Export: Basic Navigation- Learn the basics of using Queries & Exports.
- AppTracker - Learn how to use AppTracker to see up to four years of Admissions data.
- Find a List of Records by ID Number - Create a query to search for a list of records by ID number.
- Common Fields for Filters & Exports- Common application fields for use in exports or queries
- Create a New Prospect Record- Create a Slate record for a prospective student