As faculty and staff, it’s our job to support students from the moment they decide to apply to the moment they collect their diploma. The advice and encouragement they receive from us will help to shape their experience, develop their skills, and prepare them for successful and rewarding careers.
Faculty Fighting Racism
The Graduate School Diversity Consultation Team has launched Faculty Fighting Racism, an online, curated set of books, articles, videos, and podcasts for graduate faculty intended to serve as a first step in understanding what it means to be anti-racist. The website will be updated regularly with new content.
COVID-19 Resources and Information for DGSs & GPCs
This website contains a running list of issues, topics, and questions from the Weekly GPC Check-In meetings and Bi-Weekly Optional DGS Information Sessions related to COVID-19 and graduate education.
- Faculty Advising Resources
- Assign/Update Advisor (program staff only)
- Doctoral Annual Progress Review (program staff only)
- Master's Annual Progress Review (program staff only)
- Master's Plan Type Assignment
Graduate Planning & Audit System (GPAS)
Graduate Student Services & Progress (GSSP)
Degree completion steps, exam scheduling, thesis/dissertation submission and formatting
Graduate Program Goals
Internal Data Portals
- 2019 gradSERU Results
- 2020 COVID-19 Survey
- Program Facts & Figures
- Program Summary
- Alumni Placement (Academic Analytics)
- Graduate Degree Plan Checklist
- Process for International Coursework Review
- Tutorials: Reviewing degree plans to meet policy compliance for:
- Record Preliminary Written Exam Results
- Delegation User Guide
- Final Exam Workflow Guide
- Reviewers' Report Form Definitions
- Reviewers' Report Workflow Guide
- Process for Recessed Exams
- Creating a POI Record and Expectations Process Guide
- Master's Committee Chair Instructions for Final Exam Form
- Doctoral Committee Chair Instructions for Final Exam Form
- Addressing Committee Changes Process Guide
- Preliminary Oral Exam Workflow Guide
- Doctoral Committee Chair Instructions for Preliminary Oral Exam Form
Resources & Tools
Understand the forms, documents, and program requirements for international student applications.
Find information about gradSERU results, graduate admissions, enrollment, demographics, completion rates, student competitiveness, student involvement, and more. Internal use only; X500 login required.
The writing initiative supports Community of Scholars Program (COSP) students through individual writing consultations, small writing groups, workshops, monthly student-led speaker series, and bi-monthly Shut Up & Write! retreats.
University-wide fellowship deadlines. Note that deadlines vary by fellowship and applicants should refer to the individual fellowship pages for complete information regarding submission requirements and deadlines.
Explore in-depth program statistics including admissions rates, demographic data, completion rates, and enrollment trends. Accessible by the public.
As of fall 2015, administrative support for graduate and professional education is aligned to recognize the distinct educational mission of each community. Find out whether a post-baccalaureate program is considered a "graduate program" or a "professional program."
The purpose of this project is to encourage the University of Minnesota community – students, faculty & staff – to engage in authentic and sometimes difficult discussions about diversity on our campus. How do we define diversity? Why are we investing in diversifying our graduate student and postdoctoral populations? What does it mean to genuinely value difference? Discussion questions and resources follow each section of this video.