Faculty & Staff Toolkit
Guide students along the path
Graduate School Office
309 Johnston Hall
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wed: On Campus
Mon, Tue, Thu & Fri: Remote
As faculty and staff, it’s our job to support students from the moment they decide to apply to the moment they collect their diploma. The advice and encouragement they receive from us will help to shape their experience, develop their skills, and prepare them for successful and rewarding careers.
- Graduate Education Roles (update DGSs and GPCs here)
- Faculty Role List Database
- Faculty Advising Resources
- Assign/Update Advisor (program staff only)
- Doctoral Annual Progress Review (program staff only)
- Master's Annual Progress Review (program staff only)
- Master's Plan Type Assignment
Graduate Planning & Audit System (GPAS)
Graduate Student Services & Progress (GSSP)
Degree completion steps, exam scheduling, thesis/dissertation submission and formatting
Graduate Program Goals
Graduate Education Data
- Grad Data Portal
- 2021 gradSERU Results
- 2020 COVID-19 Survey
- Program Facts & Figures
- Program Summary
- Alumni Placement (Academic Analytics)
- Record Preliminary Written Exam Results
- Delegation User Guide
- Final Exam Workflow Guide
- Reviewers' Report Form Definitions
- Reviewers' Report Workflow Guide
- Process for Recessed Exams
- Creating a POI Record and Expectations Process Guide
- Master's Committee Chair Instructions for Final Exam Form
- Doctoral Committee Chair Instructions for Final Exam Form
- Addressing Committee Changes Process Guide
- Preliminary Oral Exam Workflow Guide
- Doctoral Committee Chair Instructions for Preliminary Oral Exam Form
- Admissions Toolkit
- International Admissions Toolkit
- Diversity Recruitment Toolkit
- Admissions Policies & Guidelines
- International Student Recruitment Report, 2020
Resources & Tools
International Student Requirements
Understand the forms, documents, and program requirements for international student applications.
Graduate Education Data Portals
Find information about gradSERU results, graduate admissions, enrollment, demographics, completion rates, student competitiveness, student involvement, and more. Internal use only; Internet ID login required.
Guide Students Towards Writing Resources
The writing initiative supports Community of Scholars Program (COSP) students through individual writing consultations, small writing groups, workshops, monthly student-led speaker series, and bi-monthly Shut Up & Write! retreats.
Fellowship Dates & Deadlines
University-wide fellowship deadlines. Note that deadlines vary by fellowship and applicants should refer to the individual fellowship pages for complete information regarding submission requirements and deadlines.
Public Program Statistics
Explore in-depth program statistics including admissions rates, demographic data, completion rates, and enrollment trends. Accessible by the public.
Grad or Professional Program?
As of fall 2015, administrative support for graduate and professional education is aligned to recognize the distinct educational mission of each community. Find out whether a post-baccalaureate program is considered a "graduate program" or a "professional program."
Toward Inclusivity Video
The purpose of this project is to encourage the University of Minnesota community – students, faculty & staff – to engage in authentic and sometimes difficult discussions about diversity on our campus. How do we define diversity? Why are we investing in diversifying our graduate student and postdoctoral populations? What does it mean to genuinely value difference? Discussion questions and resources follow each section of this video.