What is the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship Program?
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to the country’s economic, social, and research-based growth.
Approximately 70 fellowships are awarded annually, and are distributed equally among:
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
HOW MUCH IS THE AWARD?
$70,000 each year for two years
How do I apply?
Applicants prepare all materials and submit directly. This application guide may be helpful.
Who Is Eligible?
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship website lists all eligibility requirements.
- Applicants who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada may only hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at a Canadian institution.
- UMN doctoral candidates, who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada, but who are interested in applying will work directly with your proposed host Canadian institution.
- Applicants who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada and who obtained their PhD, PhD-equivalent or health professional degree from a Canadian university may hold their Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship at either a Canadian institution or an institution outside of Canada.
If you wish to apply for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship for a postdoctoral position at the University of Minnesota then you should contact the Graduate School Fellowships Office (GSFO) at email@example.com by July 1st, 2023 to notify the GSFO Associate Director of the department (and name of potential supervisor) to which you are applying.
WHAT IS THE APPLICATION WINDOW?