The resources and links below correspond with GEAR 1 modules. Bookmark this page so you can use it whenever you need it!
- Download an accessible PDF of GEAR 1 (recommended for screen readers).
- Questions or concerns? Don't hesitate to contact us.
Important COVID-19 resources
- Explore the Safe Campus website for important campus health information.
- Find services and technologies for working and learning off campus.
- For University of Minnesota Twin Cities: Boynton Health clinic and service updates.
- For University of Minnesota Duluth: campus and operational updates.
- Updates for international students on Twin Cities and Duluth campuses.
- Explore Graduate School FAQs.
Module 1: Welcome to the University of Minnesota
University Groups and Resources
Activate Your Internet ID and Email Address
Explore One Stop
Get to Know International Student Services
For Duluth students: International Student Online Orientation (mandatory for all incoming UMD international students)
For Twin Cities students: International Student Preparatory Course (mandatory for all incoming UMN international students)
Confirm Your Health Insurance Coverage
Learn How to Register for Courses
Plan to Get a U Card
University of Minnesota Duluth (UMD)
niversity of Minnesota Rochester (UMR)
University of Minnesota Twin Cities (UMTC)
Important University Policies and Procedures
Module 2: Minnesota Life
History and Demographics
Art, Music, and Food
Module 3: Tuition and Funding
How Do I Keep Track of My Financial Aid?
Funding Affects Loan Eligibility
Where Do I Look for Fellowships During My First Year?
Teaching Assistants (TAs)
Research Assistants (RAs)
How Do I Find a Graduate Assistantship?
Graduate Assistant Payment and Taxes
Graduate Assistant Policies and Best Practices
Graduate Assistant Work Rules
Module 4: Being a Graduate Student
Module 5: Your Health and Wellness