Graduate School / Admissions / Application Instructions / Transcripts & Credentials

Transcripts & Credentials

Unofficial Credentials

  • When applying for admission, upload unofficial transcripts/academic records/credentials to your application.
  • Upload documents for all post-secondary (college/University) institutions you have attended.
  • Please include all incomplete or partial academic records.
  • Do not submit official transcripts/academic records/credentials with your application, and do not send official documents until we request them.
  • International credentials must include both the original language document and an English translation. Include original language diplomas if a degree was conferred.

Tips for Uploading Your Unofficial Transcript/Credentials


Make sure your name and the institution’s name are visible on your transcript/academic record/credential.


If your documentation is an electronic scan of a paper version, please ensure that all content is legible.

Official Transcripts/Credentials

Official transcripts/academic records are required after you are admitted to a graduate program. At the time of admission, you will receive a list of the specific credentials that we require from you.

It is your responsibility to request official transcripts/credentials from the original institution. 

How to Submit Official Transcripts

Official transcripts must be sent directly to the University from the issuing institution. Do NOT send official transcripts to yourself first.

Use the following address:

Graduate School
University of Minnesota
Attn: Transcripts
309 Johnston Hall
101 Pleasant St. S.E.
Minneapolis, MN 55455-0421

For electronic transcripts: use "" as the recipient.

Note: University of Minnesota undergraduates from any campus do not need to provide an official University of Minnesota transcript if admitted to a graduate program.

University officials may contact institutions directly to verify official documents. If we are unable to verify the student's transcripts or credentials, the University reserves the right to drop the student from active status and may refer the matter to law enforcement authorities for prosecution. 

Questions or Concerns? 

Remember to review the Application Instructions page

Please contact the Graduate School with questions about transcripts and credentials.