The 3-Minute Thesis (3MT®) challenges students to communicate the significance of their projects without the use of props or industry jargon, in just three minutes. The competition develops academic, presentation, and research communication skills and help students' learn to quickly explain their research to a non-specialist audience leaving them wanting to know more.
Date: Friday, November 13, 2020
Time: Presentations: 10 a.m. | Winner Selected & Announced: 11-11:30 a.m.
Place: Virtual, via Zoom
- Sloan Okrey Anderson, College of Education & Human Development
- Persephone Ma, College of Food, Agricultural and Natural Resource Sciences
- Rui Zhong, College of Pharmacy
- Yali Zhang, College of Science & Engineering
- Jessica Deere, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Dr. Katherine Crawford Luber, Director and President, Minneapolis Institute of Art
- Dr. Jokho Farah, Chief Information Officer and Chief Quality Officer, People's Center Clinics and Services
- Kao Ly Ilean Her, University of Minnesota Regent, Chief Executive Officer of the Hmong Elders Center
- Thor Hong, Technical Expert, Investigations Division, US Department of Labor
- Dr. Josephine Martin, Senior Manager, International Regulatory Affairs, Cepheid