What is the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fellowship?
Dolores Zohrab Liebmann was the daughter of Krikor Zohrab, a prominent Armenian intellectual, writer and statesman. She supported students and educational and charitable organizations during her lifetime.
This fellowship includes a $18,000 annual stipend and tuition, renewable for up to three years of support.
- Graduate school fellowships in any recognized field of study in the humanities, social sciences or natural sciences (including law, medicine, engineering, architecture or other formal professional training)
- Independent research or study projects which must be carried out entirely in the United States of America
- Publications focusing on Armenian studies, Armenian history and Armenian literature of the nineteenth century or earlier
Who Is Eligible?
Nominees for the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann fellowship must:
- Have an outstanding undergraduate record (minimum 3.5 GPA)
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance in 2019-20 (for students who are not receiving full tuition support from current program)
- Be pursuing a post-baccalaureate degree at the University of Minnesota
- Be a citizen of the United States
How Do I Apply?
Each nomination is uploaded by program staff, as a single PDF to the electronic nomination form, and must include:
- 2020-2021 Liebmann Fund Application (electronic document provided by Private Foundation Services, J.P. Morgan)
- Personal vitae or resume
- Unofficial copies of all undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Copies of graduate exam test scores (if not applicable, include statement explaining why)
- Statement of Purpose
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Copy of nominee's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Copy of nominee's Financial Aid Summary from the University of Minnesota
- Copies of Federal Income Tax Returns for the prior two years, including spouse's returns, if applicable
Contact your program/department about internal selection procedures and deadlines.
Application Deadline: 12:00pm (CST), Thursday, December 12, 2019
Contact your program/department about internal selection procedures and deadlines. For additional information on the Dolores Zohrab Liebmann Fund Fellowship, visit the JPMorgan website.