Take Ownership of Your Graduate Journey
As a graduate student, you have access to many academic and professional development resources, tools, and networks
As a graduate student, you can register to the following resources for free
pd.education is an online portal affiliated with the University of Minnesota that provides graduate students with support in specialized skills like academic writing, research methodologies, and wellness and motivation.
Beyond the Professoriate is a professional development e-learning platform affiliated with the University of Minnesota. Beyond the Professoriate is a mission-driven organization of PhDs who want to empower graduate students and postdocs to launch meaningful careers.
National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD) is a website with on-demand access to the mentoring, tools, and support graduate students to be successful in the Academy.
ImaginePhD is a free online career exploration and planning tool for PhD students and postdoctoral humanities and social sciences.
Resources for Academic Careers
- Writing a Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Composing Your Curriculum Vitae
- Composing a Personal Statement in Your Fellowship Application
- Letters of Recommendation for Your Fellowship Application
- Developing Effective Posters for Posters and Presentations for International Students
- Three-Minute Thesis (3MT): Composing and Presenting Your Research to a General Audience